I started a literary magazine, inspired by my amazing time at QUEUC! I’m hoping to have an inaugural issue out by June, and to also produce several chapbooks a year in addition to quarterly issues. I’ve always wanted to start a magazine, so I’m just jumping in blind! Please consider submitting!
We accept unsolicited submissions in all genres, as long as the content is viewed with an intersectional feminist lens.
The deadline to submit to our inaugural issue is April 30th, 2015.
Instead of a theme, each issue will have a quote. Issue #1 is:
“I’ve been absolutely terrified every moment of my life and I’ve never let it keep me from doing a single thing that I wanted to do.”
― Georgia O’Keeffe
The following categories are what we are looking for specifically, but we will consider any submissions that are innovative and feminist (and of course, well-written).
We accept poetry, non fiction, fiction, and visual art.
- Conceptual, Collaborative, and Confessional poetry
- Poetry or prose written in response to other works
- Postcolonial and diasporic writing; cultural critiques
- Conversations and interviews
- Women and disability
- Indigenous writing
- Rewriting erotica and pornography
- Stories of Abuse, Addiction, Anger and Affliction
- Abject/Affect: Stories of our bodies
- LGBTQIA writing
- Motherhood and feminism
- Women you should know: Profiles
- Hysteric: Women and Mental Illness
- Women in History
- Subversive Visual Art and Photography (Especially portraits and experimental work)
- The glass ceiling: Writing on Women in the working world
- Religion, Femininity, and Feminism
- Sex: Politics, Consent, Pleasure
- Essays and other academic writings
- Satire, comics, humour
- Men and feminism
- Critical reviews of books, television, movies, and music
- Feminist fairy tales
- If you have a pitch for a column, send a writing sample and your idea to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a pitch for a journalistic-style article, email it to email@example.com
Submit up to 20 pages of writing and/or art to firstname.lastname@example.org attached to your email as a word document. In the body of your email please include a cover letter and a short bio.
**Pieces may be considered for publication in our blog, if not in the quarterly magazine.