Based on Korean Beauty Philosophy, after a long day on public transit, I put a ton of my favourite beauty tips together to create this INCREDIBLE, DIY facial.
1) You’ll need a Makeup Remover like this one from TFS. Remove all of the day’s makeup (eye, face, and lip!)
2) Cleanse thoroughly with an Oil or Butter Cleanser (Olive Oil works, too!), rubbing deep into your skin in circular motions.
3) Cleanse again with a Foam Cleanser (Like this Rice Water Cleanser from The Face Shop), rubbing in lighter, circular motions.
4) Exfoliate with a light-medium scrub like this one from Derma E, again rubbing (lightly, this time) in circular motions.
5) Now, you’ll need a large bowl, a towel, and boiling water. Poor the boiling water over 1 tsp of Loose Oolong Tea (or a green tea bag!) & 1tbs of lemon juice.
6) Put on an audio book, lean over the bowl with a towel covering your head (and the bowl) and steam for 15-20 minutes. This will open up all of your pores!
7) Next, smooth a thin, gel-like face mask, like Lovely Meex Magic Pink Powder Mask all over your face, and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Rinse off.
8) Follow this with a thicker mud-type mask like Catastrophe Cosmetic Mask from Lush. Leave for 5-10 minutes.
9) While you wait for the mask to dry, apply aloe vera gel to the roots of your hair.
10) Rinse off the mask and the gel in the shower.
11) Pat your face and hair dry, and apply a toner liberally to your face and neck. (I use Thayer’s)
12) Apply a sheet mask (like this Rice mask from TFS) and wait 10-20 minutes. If you’d like, you can also apply cucumber slices or cooling eye pads to your eyes while you wait, and put that audio book on again!
13) After the 20 minutes are up, apply a serum. I use aloe vera gel with lavender oil and vitamin e oil I make myself. Pat onto your skin.
14) Next, apply a light cream like TFS Clean Face Mild Lotion (Pat onto your skin)
15) Apply a thick oil or emulsion, like pure emu oil. (Pat onto your skin)
16) Apply a slightly thicker lotion like this vitamin e cream from the Body Shop
17) Apply a thick night cream or night pack like this intense lotion from Lush
18) Don’t forget eye cream! This intense eye cream from Beauticontrol is a perfect finish to the moisturizing!
This facial might get rid of my impending zit (see below), and I added a spot clear intensive 12 hour patch between my eyes where it is forming. Fingers crossed I wake up tomorrow zit free and with still-glowing post facial skin!